The Facilities Supervisor will oversee maintenance and repair of facilities and grounds; key responsibilities may include conducting site surveys, preparing job estimates, and supervising and training employees.
- Hires, supervises, and trains employees who maintain buildings and grounds in conjunction with the Human Resources Department.
- Create, maintain and train Maintenance staff on OSHA safety policies and procedures.
- Oversees the day-to-day workflow, scheduling, and assignments of the Maintenance department.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive in conjunction with the Human Resources Department.
- Handles discipline of Maintenance Staff as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Drafts and implements routine maintenance schedules and standards; ensures compliance with these standards.
- Collaborates regularly with the President of Oakleaf to identify renovation or construction needs.
- Prepares job estimates and bids for projects to be completed by outside contractors.
- Inspects and approves work performed by outside contractors.
- Prepares the departmental budget; reviews monthly financial reports for compliance with budget.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be available for on-call after normal work hours for emergencies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Knowledge and experience in plumbing, carpentry, electrical and HVAC.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate when appropriate.
- Ability to read blueprints and working diagrams.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software as needed to maintain reports, records, and budgets.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or five years of experience required.
- At least five years of related experience in building maintenance or construction required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and inspect areas of buildings and grounds.
- Must be willing to travel with some overnights.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and transportation.